Re: IML: 1967 Imperial Coupe Muffler Help

--- ADMBLK@xxxxxxx wrote:
> I have a 1967 imperial coupe.  The entire exhaust
> system needs replacement, does anyone know if there
> is a replacement kit available?  I'm only finding
> people who want to fabricate a new one for me.  I
> got an estimate for $750 to do the whole thing but
> think I could do better

I think you could too!  For comparison, I had a new
exhaust system (from the Y-pipe back) installed on my
'70 Imperial last year for $128.  This was a
factory-style single exhaust system, using aluminized
pipe (2.5 inch from Y-pipe to muffler, 2.25 from
muffler back), a stock muffler, a resonator, and the
correct factory cut on the tailpipe -- all welded.
The final result had no knocks or leaks.  Your '67
Crown Coupe would have a very similar system.

I used a small, locally-owned shop in Dayton, TN, that
was recommended by several people in our local chapter
of the W. P. Chrysler Club.  The folks were really
nice, admired the Imperial, and did really good work.

For $750, you could probably drive from Virginia to
TN, buy a motel room, have the exhaust replaced, enjoy
a good meal, and drive on back home.  ;o)

Elijah

=====
http://www.imperialclub.com/~imperial71/
http://www.imperialclub.com/~imperial71/bookshelf.htm