Re: IML: 62 Front End Rebuild

Since you all saw most post to Brandt, you know that I concur with this.

My father rebuilt the front end on our '60 Imperial back in 1968. The car only had around 30,000 miles on it, but the ozone in the Southern California atmosphere had prematurely ruined the rubber bushings.

He used the shop manual, bought and made all of his own tools. It took him over a month, every night after work, plus weekends to fix that car. Once he had it apart, he HAD to finish it. My father is not a foolish man, and even he said "Never Again".

I was thrilled that I was able to have the front end in my '62 rebuilt for $410.00, plus having it done in one day! Now the car is completey tight, and doesn't make a sound. To totally enjoy these cars, they need to have a fresh front end. When that is the case, there is nothing else quite like them.

Paul