IML: '90 Imp back on the road, now brakes

IML: '90 Imp back on the road, now brakes

Hi all,

Thanks for the advice on my cooling system problems on my '90 Imp.
The fan blade on the radiator got hot enough to melt, causing it to
separate from the metal hub and jam in the shroud.  The motor
armature melted, finally blowing the fuse.  Further driving to get home
had blown out the drain cock on the radiator, so very little was in the
system when I finally got down to it.

I ordered a new fan motor and the last passenger side fan left in the
US in Chrysler's system (it had to be shipped from a dealership in Idaho)
and now I'm back on the road.  I had the oil, transmission fluid and filter
changed and had two very nice Goodyear touring radials put on the
front, and she drives very well again.

However, this past week, my brakes started seriously grinding and
squealing.  Since I hadn't heard the wear indicator, I pulled the wheel
and sure enough, the pad material separated from the backing plate on
one side, leaving the rivets behind to gouge out the rotor.

So now I have two new rotors and a set of pads ready to go in this
weekend.  Since I'm near 100k on this car, I bought a 32 oz bottle of
high temp "exceeds DOT 3 and 4" brake fluid so I can bleed out all
the old stuff.  Question is, do I need to do anything differently on
this system?  I have ABS, and the hydraulic booster.  I have a "Mity Vac"
which should allow me to bleed the brakes without somebody on the
pedals, but I thought I'd check to see if there were any other
procedures or precautions on this system.  Of course, I'll have
somebody on fill duty so I don't get any air into the master cylinder.

Thanks again.

Tim