Fwd: Re: IML: 74 to a 68 will it work (?)

Fwd: Re: IML: 74 to a 68 will it work (?)

Note: forwarded message attached.

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail ? CNET Editors' Choice 2004. Tell them what you think. --- Begin Message ---
Hi Kenyon and List, Thanks for the info. Where can I
get parts book or a Hollanders Manual for my 68
convertable. I need to change my front end parts and I
would like to get the part #'s first so I can order
the parts correctly. Do you know if the window motors,
windshield motor from a 74 New yorker would fit that
73 if iI get it?
Can you recommend a place taht would have the parts
for my 68?
Thanks for all your help.

--- Kenyon Wills <imperialist1960@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Luis,  The way that you phrased this makes it look
> like a statement and not a question, so I don't know
> if you're asking, but will assume that you are
> asking if a 74 driveline goes into a 1968 Imperial.
> You might want to pay attention to the driveshaft at
> least.  The 73 that I have has a very thick one with
> what appears to be more of a CV joint than a U
> joint, and I "think" that the 68 has more of a
> Ujoint set-up, but read on.
>
> Hollanders Interchange Manual Lists the following as
> interchangeable:
>
> 67-75 transmissions interchange
> 66-71 engines interchange
> 72/73 engines interchange (lower compression and
> different crank than prior, I think)
> 74/75 engines interchange
> 67-73 driveshafts are listed as interchangeable.
>
> >From Hollanders: it would appear that 1974 would be
> a poor choice for insertion into a 1968, and that
> going to a 71 would be the latest year for a
> sure-thing, but that a 73 might work with some work.
>  Looks like 1974 was a major revision.
>
> -Kenyon
> -Get that 73 - I love mine!!
>
> louis colon <luis10241@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi list this is Luis again, So if i took a 74 engine
> and tranny and pop it in a 68 it would fit with the
> motor mounts,drive shaft and the only problem would
> be changing the water pump because the hose comes
> from the other side.
>
> That 73 does look good and I'm thinking about it.
>
> Thanks list for your info.
>
> 74 new yorker/68 convertable.

> Express yourself with Y! Messenger! Free. Download
now.

=====
Luis Colón
President & CEO