IML: 1955 Imperial little black box (ok so it's silver)

IML: 1955 Imperial little black box (ok so it's silver)

Hi gang,
I'm looking for the advice on what this box is in the
front of my 55.  I states it is an electronic control
made by Multi-Products company of Oak Park Michigan.
It has 6-12 volts D.C. 1-.8 amps on the front of it.
There are four wires coming out of it.  Two go to the
generator and one goes to the push button switch under
the dash.  From there it goes to the hot side of the
ignition switch.  I have check the voltage on this
with the car off and running.  It is always 6 volt.  I
would like to know what it is for.  The wiring looks
the same as the rest of the cars and the box looks
like a factory or dealer option.  It seems to be the
same vintage as the car.  Has anyone seen one of these
before?
RC Billings, Montanaaaaaaa

=====
RC Billings, Montanaaaaaa