Re: IML: Need tires for '48 Crown Imperial

Re: IML: Need tires for '48 Crown Imperial

Thanks Dick!

I finally got that flat tire off the '48 this morning without ruining the beauty ring!  It took some time but I'm pleased.  I do have a spare that will work until the new tires arrive. The tread is badly worn on the edges which indicates the low psi for the easier ride.

I REALLY appreciate your input and keeping in mind the toll the heat takes on tires and have decided to go with the Firestones unless they can find some 6-ply
âB. F. Goodrichâ tires.  You seem very pleased with them.  The present tires are Firestones but if Goodrich might have better performance in balance and roundness it sounds like that's the way to go.

I'm going to need new hoses as well but will probably wait until I get down there to replace those.

Thanks again!  I'm thrilled to have found this club.  What a neat bunch of caring guys!

Ned    '48 Crown Imperial