Re: IML: E-Bay For Parts, OIC menbers for parts

Re: IML: E-Bay For Parts, OIC menbers for parts

While you can in fact get some great deals as it were on Ebay. It is wise to also mention that great care should be taken when buying items with only a pic. Special car is to be taken when buying something based on the sellers word in some cases. The functionality and the quality of the item as it remains is still in question overall.
I have purchased many parts on Ebay in the past, many of them looked just fine but were either problematic or completely nonfunctional. At one point I made the decision that all the broken junk in the world was on Ebay being sold to recover the owners loss.
Who is to say that buying at a retail outlet is any better after all how many of us are going to remember where we bought what part for how much and when to make its return if it not in good condition down the road. Adding here... there are those who are organized enough to compulsively log in parts and its data so as to keep track of its life and maintain it.
Although as for imperial parts or even the Studebaker parts Ive purchased on Ebay, one thing rings true. Most of the sellers are OIC or Stude club members or related in some way. They care about their reputation and insure the item they sell is worthy of being sold, packaged correctly and a lot of time they are very polite and helpful.