Sent: Friday, October 01, 2004 7:07 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: LED Lamp Units

Christopher,
Thanks for the reply. I'll assume for the moment that you've replaced the
front turn signal, tail, backup, and license plate bulbs with LED units?
I've seen LED units w/a grouping of aprox 10 LEDs in use in a friend's
taillight but they were deemed too dim. They were an inexpensive off the
shelf item. Can you refer the brand and/or specs of the units you have in
your '62? I picture them being pretty effective in a '62 tail lamp cone. Are

there LED units that allow for a seperation of LEDs so that one lamp can act

like a dual filament bulb for the brake lighting, or do the LEDs simply
increase in light output? The instant on and off of LEDs has a safety
quotient in alerting the already awestruck tailgater that the massive
gunsight tail lamped vehicle ahead of them has just dropped anchor.
Thanks, again.

Eric
Portland, Oregon