Re: IML: painting the '60 LeCrown: Going with Glasurit paint

Re: IML: painting the '60 LeCrown: Going with Glasurit paint

Thanks everyone for the input.  It turns out the paint guy at my restoration shop has used
this paint before so we are going to go with this paint.  Hopefully I will have some time to update the story on the '60 page soon.  The car is coming along pretty fast and I hope it will be done by this time next year.  The interior is finished and came out spectacular.   NOS silver nylon inserts and silver metallic leather bolsters.  I have also completed a fair amount of the chrome work as well.  Richard

'60 "LeCrown" sedan
'60 LeBaron sedan
Christopher Middlebrook <delamothe@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

My 62 was painted with Glasurit back in the early 90's when it was introduced. 14 years later it still looks sharp! Just remember that whatever paint you use, it's all about the preparation.

But going back to the paint, BASF's Glasurit or Sikkens are very fine finishes.

Chris Middlebrook