Re: IML: Glove box & trunk cardboard.

In a message dated 9/15/2004 12:02:11 AM Eastern Standard Time, GeoNort@xxxxxxx writes:
Looking for the cardboard material to remake my glove box. I can tape mine together to make a template. Also need a source for the cardboard in the trunk area. Anyone have a source?

A great source for quality fiber board is Your nearest wholesale house that carries supplies for frame shops.  Matt board works great and comes in both black or gray, just make sure that the fiber board you choose will bend without cracking.  Make a good score line with a blunt tool and straight edge on a sample piece (they have samples of all the matt boards they carry) and bend 90 degrees.  The board should not crack.  I did my whole trunk in my '67 using matt board and it looks great.

Don Dickinson
Prospect, KY

1955 Imperial Newport, Canyon Tan and Desert Sand
1967 Imperial Custom Convertible, Ivory and Burgundy