'67 hubcaps for sale, but I need '66 hubcaps

'67 hubcaps for sale, but I need '66 hubcaps

Hey everyone,

As you may know, I have been in need of hubcaps for Doris Day, my '66
Crown Convertible.  A listmemeber was kind enough to search through some
parts they had and mailed me four.  Three of which were '67-'69 version.
The fourth was indeed a '66, but was in poor shape.  Nonetheless, it is
on the car, and holding!  The outer rim is bent outward all the way
around though, and just looks weird if you look at it.  Anyway, I
forwarded a picture of a '66 cap, and in all kindness the individual did
send me 4 more caps, but again they all for were '67-'69 caps.  I have
resent the picture and asked them to please recheck their supply for a
'66, and send me a picture first before mailing, but that may take
awhile.

I had another cap fly off two weeks ago after I had to pull off the
freeway to put the top up due to rain.  As I was pulling back onto the
freeway at WOT, and merged into the freeway, I of course had to go over
the grooved ribs in the pavement on the shoulders edge (probably there
to wake up sleeping drivers so they can see their imminent death from
going off the road at 70 mph down an embankment.  WDOT is very
thoughtful that way), and ZING! Off flew a cap over two lanes and
flattened by a semi.  I did not even try to stop, to dangerous.

Anyway, 1.) Does anybody need '67-'69 hubcaps (painted flat black in the
center) they are each in decent shape, but could use a cleaning.  I ran
the one '66 through the dishwasher (yes, as a matter of fact I am
single, why do you ask?) and some of the paint in the center came off,
but boy was it clean!!  I have seven (7), and would be willing to sell
them for a very decent price + postage if someone needs them.  And, 2.)
Does anyone have at least one (1) '66 hubcap for sale, decent to better
shape they could send me right away?  Please see the attached picture if
you are in doubt of what they look like.  The main difference is the '66
has the valve stem hole positioned in the inner portion of the cap, off
the outer rim.  It is in the actual "Turbine", or spined portion of the
cap.  The car looks gimpy without the cap, and I have had not great luck
with the '66 hubcaps staying on the car.  I intent to weld it on this
time.  Just kidding!  Really, kidding!  Well, maybe not.
As I did put out cash for the caps I don't need, I hopefully will sell
them in able to pay for the ones I do need!  I am hesitant to ask for
some of my money back from the individual who sent me the caps, as he
did have to pay for postage, and did take the time to look, and send
caps, even if they are the wrong ones.  I may get them in the future,
and I hope I do end up having 7 correct spares, but I really need at
least 1 right now. Oh well, I guess I will just have to put this out
there, and hope for the best! Thanks everyone!

Bill

'66 Crown Convertible (Doris Day)
"Capless in Seattle"

P.S.  I tried to include a picture, but it got rejected, ask if you
would like me to forward for reference.  Thanks.