From: <mopar48291@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, April 05, 2004 11:40 PM
Subject: IML: New steering wheel

> I just got my newly recast steering wheel for my '65 LeBaron.  It was done
by D&D Automobilia who also did Greg and Russell's '65 Crown wheel.  It
looks wonderful!  Very classy in black center with clear rim.  The only
quibble is that he beefed up the casting a bit as he said the original
plastic was so thin over the steel armature that it was impossible to recast
it.  The difference isn't noticeable to the eye, but the feel is slightly
less delicate than the original.  Functionally, a little more heft to the
grip should be more comfortable on a long drive. The only downside is the
cost--about $1200.  In the years I've looked, I haven't seen anyting better
at any money.  I've also had him do the wheel for my '55 DeSoto and it's
also wonderful.  I haven't seen my '59 DeSoto wheel yet.  Those who have
wheels that are in like new condition are lucky--nothing compares to the
feel of a wheel that's free of cracks and missing chunks.