New steering wheel

Hi,I'm Ken.What is the phone or E-mail address of D&D Automobilia? RE:I440toyou@xxxxxxx
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2004 12:40 AM
Subject: IML: New steering wheel

I just got my newly recast steering wheel for my '65 LeBaron.  It was done by D&D Automobilia who also did Greg and Russell's '65 Crown wheel.  It looks wonderful!  Very classy in black center with clear rim.  The only quibble is that he beefed up the casting a bit as he said the original plastic was so thin over the steel armature that it was impossible to recast it.  The difference isn't noticeable to the eye, but the feel is slightly less delicate than the original.  Functionally, a little more heft to the grip should be more comfortable on a long drive. The only downside is the cost--about $1200.  In the years I've looked, I haven't seen anyting better at any money.  I've also had him do the wheel for my '55 DeSoto and it's also wonderful.  I haven't seen my '59 DeSoto wheel yet.  Those who have wheels that are in like new condition are lucky--nothing compares to the feel of a wheel that's free of cracks and missing chunks.
Cheers,
Roger