reparing undercoating in wheel well

If you live in a populated area, you might want to locate a place that supplies the local body shops, normally found under automobile:body repair/supplies or some such.  The stuff that I used was from 3M and came in a spray can that was about the largest diameter that I've ever seen.  It contained a rubberized material that went on nicely.

Scrub the area for repair first so that the stuff will adhere properly (does not stick to dirt) and use spray paint to cover any exposed metal, sanding any oxidation first.  Put down lots of newspaper and do this with the tire off.  The stuff will drip a little like silly string, so that's why you want to cover the floor.

====

Tread seperation is a dangerous thing and could be a message about your other tires too..  If you have not considered replacing your other tires, you might want to do so, especially if they are more than 7 years old or you don't know their age.