Phony buyers and cashiers checks

Dear Kate,

Yes, I thought about doing that, too.  Here is the e-mail I composed and was
about to send:

"Dear Rev. Kingsley,

Thank you for your interest in my car.  I was afraid I wouldn't be able to find
find a home for the old rustbucket.  To think that soon my car will be in
England being driven around by a man of the cloth!  Amazing, how this internet
thing brings us all together.

Hopefully, when your agent arrives he will be able to get the car started.  I
know how heavy these old tubs can be to push up on a truck!  I didn't mention
this in my auction since I thought it might discourage buyers, but I haven't
been able to get my Imperial running ever since that flood back in '93.  Well,
actually, it did run for a few weeks after we cleaned out all the mud.  It may
have been the electrical fire in '94 that caused the problem.  But don't worry,
the mildew smell is almost gone from the carpet (it's hard to smell it anymore,
really, after the rat died) and I'm pretty sure I have all the wiring back the
way it's supposed to be!  All we need is a battery and a brave soul to turn the
key.

By the way, when your friend arrives to pick up the car I hope you don't mind
if I pay him with cash.  I have some old $100 bills issued by our President
Jeff Davis, and that would be the most convenient way for me to pay.

Thank you, Mark"

But then I realized they could retaliate by putting in phony bids on my
auction.  Oh well . . .