THe phony offers

Quoting Kate Triplett <ad_ablurr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Hello other Imperial lovers,
>
> Well, within only a mere couple of hours of my posting an ad to the OIC
> classifieds, I have not one but TWO WONDERFUL offers to purchase Lucille! Of

I think the best way to deal with them is tell them "yes".  Let them mail you
the fake checks.  Let them spend their money and resources in printing the fake
checks, and in postage (the $1 or so of postage cost may be non-insignificant in
their currency).  You get hard evidence in the (extreme) case they get
prosecuted, but you also get the satisfaction that you fooled them instead of
them fooling you.  They will be waiting anxiously to get their refund back,
which of course will never come.  When they e-mail you inquiring about it, you
tell them, yes, the money was wired the day before yesterday, you should have
it by now!

D^2