71 413 motorhome/truck block

joel hunter wrote:

> anybody have an idea on the horsepower rating of a 71 413 rv block.  im
> pondering putting it in my imperial, but what combo of heads or manifolds
> would i have to change?

     I don't know exactly your answers, but the replacement
pistons for this motor, such as Silvolite #1272D, are deep
dished and rated at  7.5(!) to 1 nominal static compression
ratio.  I've heard that the heads have additional water
passages, which I don't see would be of any harm in your
Imperial, but you may need some early closed-chamber heads
to get any decent compression.

Bill Parker, South Central Indiana
'56 Chrysler Windsor; '60 Chrysler Saratoga; '62 Plymouth
Max Wedge; '64 Dart Convertible (Kathi's car); '65 Imperial;
'65 Barracuda \6 (Kathi's other car);'68 Barracuda Fastback
340-S; '69 Barracuda Fastback now 360 (20 y.o. son's car);
'72 Cuda 340