From: <JosephStil@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2004 7:31 AM
Subject: Re: IML: Fw: Hardtop V. Sedan & Coupes

> Hello everyone:
>
> Let me muddy the waters somewhat surrounding this VERY interesting (at
least to me it is) discussion of coupes, hardtops, & sedans by asking the
following:

> Of those body styles, where does "Southampton" come in?  Or, is/was it
just a trim level and not an actual body style.

> In doing some research on these beautiful rolling-works-of-art, I have run
across the Southampton "badge" on a couple of occasions.  From what I have
read, I couldn't tell if it was a body style or a trim level.  I also
noticed that the use of the Southampton name/badge faded (sometime in the
60's?).

RandalPark@xxxxxxx writes:

> >None of the Two Door Imperials from '55 (maybe even '53) on were actually
called Coupes until the Crown Coupe appeared in 1964.