Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2004 7:31 AM
Subject: Re: IML: Fw: Hardtop V. Sedan & Coupes

Hello everyone:

Let me muddy the waters somewhat surrounding this VERY interesting (at least to me it is) discussion of coupes, hardtops, & sedans by asking the following:

Of those body styles, where does "Southampton" come in?  Or, is/was it just a trim level and not an actual body style.

In doing some research on these beautiful rolling-works-of-art, I have run across the Southampton "badge" on a couple of occasions.  From what I have read, I couldn't tell if it was a body style or a trim level.  I also noticed that the use of the Southampton name/badge faded (sometime in the 60's?).

I am looking forward to the discussion.

Joe