Even CC is schiz about coupes vs. hardtops

Even CC is schiz about coupes vs. hardtops

The purpose of that nomenclature was to give the impression that a Crown Coupe
was Imperial's equivilent to the personal luxury car. At that time, this slot
was primarily occupied by the Buick Riviera, Ford Thurderbird, and to some
degree although its prime had past, the letter series Chrysler 300.

I think that the folks at Imperial knew that there was going to shortly be a
new "special" Cadillac Eldorado, a third generation Lincoln Mark, and the soon
to come Oldsmobile Toronado. It is interesting to me that the Imperial was the
first of the "luxury three" to offer such a car, even if it wasn't all that
different from the other models in the line. The "concept" really was already
there.

Paul