Rescued a '66 Coupe

David Whitney wrote:

> Hello, fellow Imperial enthusiasts --
>
> I just learned last week I get my project car as a birthday present -- a
> white '66 coupe with black vinyl top and black leather interior.  No
> engine, but everything else is there including wheel covers.  I think some
> kids took out the 440 to put in their Challenger or something.  So much
> dust you can't even tell the color of the top.  Last registered in 1975,
> supposedly spend the last 30 years in a chicken coop (not occupied by
> chickens) and then in a warehouse (also not occupied by chickens).  In any
> case, dry and out of the sun. No paint fading and no blooming rust, dash
> intact.  Best part -- cost $600.  Woohoo!

Congratulations on what sounds like a great deal!

> About the wheel covers, here's a lesson I learned.  They were not visible
> on the wheels, and the seller said whatever's there is what's there.  I
> asked him to open the trunk, and lo and behold, seven (7!) wheel covers.
> So he said I could have 4 and he'd keep the other three.  Lesson:  just
> shut up and buy the car, look in the trunk later.
>
> -- David
> '91 K-Imperial driver

     Yes, whatever is in there will be there when you get it
home, and you can enjoy the ritual of checking in the trunk
and under the back seat for coins, tools, books, brand new
parts still in boxes, etc.

Bill Parker, South Central Indiana
'56 Chrysler Windsor; '60 Chrysler Saratoga; '62 Plymouth
Max Wedge; '64 Dart Convertible (Kathi's car); '65 Imperial;
'65 Barracuda \6 (Kathi's other car);'68 Barracuda Fastback
340-S; '69 Barracuda Fastback now 360 (20 y.o. son's car);
'72 Cuda 340