rubber bumpers

I've had some success by using a small, thin (but blunted) flat screwdriver pushing just under the "lip" of the portion that inserts into the hole.  You have to make sure the screwdriver is dull, otherwise you'll slice part of the end off.  I use an old small screwdriver I blunted for just this purpose.

A cut down ("v" shaped") popsicle stick might also be used.

Bob

DONALDDICKINSOND@xxxxxx wrote:

I'm finishing up refurbishing of my trunk on my '67.  I purchased from Gary Goers new rubber bumpers with "pull through" type protrusions to go through clearance holes in my trunk lid.  Try as I might I have not been able to assemble these by pushing them (no access to pull these protrusions through).  Lackiing a special tool which I suppose would aid in pushing these on, how have others assembled these?

Do you Yahoo!?