'67 hubcap annoyances...

Our 67 had the same problem. We took the hubcaps apart & cleaned painted them. When we put them back together we coated the underside of each part with clear silicone. We also put silicone on all the threads as we reassembled them. this stopped all the noises, but we still had trouble with them coming off. We got some covers for an 80's imperial from a recycle yard for everyday driving, and just put the originals on for special events.
 Larry & Miriam
 67 Crown 4drht