67 blower resisitor, window switch repair

67 blower resisitor, window switch repair

I can't help you on the blower resistor, but of course it is a simple wire
wound resistor, so if you can match the value and wattage, you can
substitute another resistor.  If you need to know the electrical parameters,
I can probably measure it for you.

By the way, the more common failure is in the blower speed switch which is
in series with the resistor, not the resistor itself.   These switches are
still available at NAPA (you have to exchange the lever and mounting parts,
but the new ones are identical electrically).   SO ---  make sure it is
really the resistor that is bad before you go to an awful lot of trouble and
still not fix it!  I wrote up a detailed rebuilding procedure for these
switches about a year ago, with the NAPA part number I used - the archives
should have it.

As for the window switches, I have taken these apart many times.    If you
inspect the switches, you'll see that there is an access hole in the side of
each section of the switch.  In that hole is a black plastic latching
protrusion on that section's main rocker lever.  Just depress that
protrusion through the hole, and wiggle the lever while you pull it out,
you'll see what is inside the switch then.

Caution!  The return to center springs are tiny wires that just lay in
there, they are held captive by the lever, so when you remove it, those
wires will try to hide under your bench, or in your pants cuff, so be
careful!   You need good light and patience, but these are not hard to
repair.  Just make sure all the electrical contact points are bright and
clean bare metal, and snap it back together.  If all the parts are good, the
switch should now work like new.

Dick Benjamin