Just saw the New York Parade Phaeton-long

Just saw the New York Parade Phaeton-long

There were three cars, and all three of them were built around 1952, before the
Forward Look symbol was used. All three cars were returned to Chrysler and
updated to '56 style trim. The Forward Look symbol was added at that time.

My recollection was that there was a car in Los Angeles, one in New York, and
one in Detroit. I remember reading in the '60s that the New York car was
destroyed by vandals, and consequently junked. Could this car be the one that
was originally in Detroit or did someone actually find, and salvage the
original New York car? The L.A. car has been showing up all over the place for
years and was restored (I think) in the early 1970's.

I also heard that during the 1960's Chrysler sold the L.A. car to the City of
Los Angeles for $1.00. At that time it was known that only two of the three
cars had survived.

Paul