68 Convertible for sale

:(

I've decided to part with the 68 Convertible I bought from Robert Soule
a couple years back.  The car has the POTENTIAL to be pretty nice but
will need a lot of work.  The car had been wrecked in the front and
poorly repaired.  When I got the car, I pulled the front cap and took it
to my frame shop and had the frame (unibody) straightened.  It is now
nice and straight but I have not yet reinstalled the sheetmetal because
I was going to detail the firewall and engine while I could get to it.

The interior is pretty nice.  Black Metalflake leather.  I have a new
top for the car and a super nice dash.  The mileage is relatively low,
about 75K as I recall.  Mechanically the motor ran well but needs a
complete tuneup, the brakes were up.  Some of the windows don't work.
Windshield is cracked but I have a good replacement.  The sheet metal
and chrome is presentable but, of course needs paint.  The original
color is pale yellow, black top.  Has AC but, of course, it doesn't
work.  I have only driven the car on and off the trailer.  Robert drove
it around the block a few times but I would say it was roadworthy
without a good going over.  It's been sitting for two years.

The car has been under a car cover under roof since I had it.

Obviously the car needs a lot of work but it's a very sound start for
what would be a very valuable and delightful automobile.

So why am I selling it?  My little English Wheel manufacturing business
(Imperial Wheeling Machines   Wheelingmachines.com) has really taken off
and I need the space.  Realizing that I will probably never get to it
makes me decide to sell it before it deteriorates further.

I'm not interested in doing the restoration for pay either.  I have
three cars in line and frankly don't have the time to do them, much less
another.  Besides, I need the space.

The car is in North Alabama, near Huntsville.  Price is $5000.  Delivery
is possible.  I'd prefer to see it go to an active IMLer but if there is
no interest, I'll put it in the IML classifieds and then ebay.

Email me privately for details.  Pinkertonk@xxxxxxxxx

begin:vcard
fn:Kerry Pinkerton
n:;Kerry Pinkerton
email;internet:http://Dte.net/57imperial     50 Crown, 57, 61(s), 68 convert
other lesser makes
tel;work:Manufacture of high quality Wheeling Machines
tel;home:http://wheelingmachines.com
version:2.1
end:vcard