From: john sadowski [mailto: jsadowski@xxxxxxx]
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 10:19:44 -0700
Subject: Re: IML: Hood Relase Cable Broke - Help!

I had this happen on a 63 many years ago. I used a butter knife inserted
at<br>the front of the hood to slide the release. Careful for the paint. Once
you<br>get it open, tie a piece of wire to the latch & pull through the
drivers<br>side wheel well. You'd be surprised how many Imperials I've seen
May 16, 2004 9:36 AM<br>Subject: Re: IML: Hood Relase Cable Broke -
won't work for<br>'66, but on my '60, I keep a wooden yard stick in the trunk.
It fits through<br>the grill bars and can easily be manipulated to work the
lever.<br>><br>> Amazingly, when this happened to me, I was on my way to
Spokane,<br>Washington. A gas station attendant offered the yard stick as they
had used<br>it on another car. I have kept it ever since. It took a while to
get that<br>cable fixed, so I relied on that yard stick for sever
Paul<br>><br>> In a message dated 5/16/2004 11:31:52 AM Eastern Daylight
Sunday, May 16, 2004, at 07:13 AM, Oneof514@xxxxxxx wrote:<br>> ><br>> > > The
hood release cable just broke on my 66 Imperial - naturally with<br>> > > the
hood closed!<br>> > ><br>> > > Any suggestions for getting it open again are
happen on my '65 a long time ago. As I remember, you can pop<br>> > the latch
by using a long screwdriver to push it sideways, or you can<br>> > loop a piece
of wire around it and pull it. I had to do this for quite<br>> > awhile!<br>>
(like<br>> > piano wire). I had a machinist drill out the old cable from the
tp://www.imperialclub.com  -----------------<br>> > This message was sent to
you by the Imperial Mailing List. Please<br>> > reply to
mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and your response will be<br>> > shared with
everyone. Private messages (and attachments) for the<br>> > Administrators
should be sent to webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<br>> > To UN-SUBSCRIBE, go to<br>>
http://www.imperialclub.com  -----------------<br>> This message was sent to