Shop manual advice, '58

Hey Folks:

I tinkered with my "new" '58 Southampton again today.  I've come to the point where I can see it's foolish to wield tools over this thing without a shop manual.  In particular, I've got to pull the blower motor and I don't want to screw anything up when I do it.  I want to pull the last plug that's trapped under there and also, eventually, be able to yank the valve covers.

I've seen numerous examples of shop manuals for sale on Ebay and elsewhere... original, reprint, CD Rom, etc.  Before I lay out the $50 or so bucks that they all seem to cost, can I bother you all for some feedback on which is the most practical?  I don't want something that I have to treat like an artifact, because it's coming into the trenches with me.

I rebuilt a couple of engines in high school, 20+ years ago, at which time I did not use a "real" shop manual but instead relied upon Chiltons.

Thanks for your help and interest.

Patrick E. Moore
Southeast Louisiana, contemplating a trip to Chattanooga at the end of the month for the Southeast Regional show.  (My wife and kids want to "See Rock City.")