'67 & '68 owners...need help, please!

I presume getting that tubular sleeve off is what is stopping you cold. One way
to get it off is to use a piece of hardwood or a nylon drift (available at gun
shops, looks like a glue stick) to tap it loose from the tilt opening (the
lever screws out, just twist it!) and then work a screwdriver into the gap at
the base of the column. My car would have none of that, that !@#$ sleeve was
TIGHT! What I wound up doing was to pry the lip up with a scgewdriver (in an
attempt to loosen the sleeve, no deal!) I then attached a pair of vise-grips to
two sides of the pried up lip and alternately hammered on the vise-grips to get
the !@#$ off! Once off I measured up to the mangled part and carefully wrapped
masking tape around the outside, cut off the mangled 3/8 inch or so and filed
down to the edge of the tape. The tape protected the paint on the sleeve and if
someone didn't know the sleeve had a lip, you can't tell it has ever been
altered! It's all hidden by the wheel anyway. Best of all, if the switch ever
needs replacing again, the sheeve won't have to be touched!
Good Luck!

Roy
67 Crown FDHT

!0j^&r[r+&zǧ2Lj)bye&j)b
bئjW%(ʋ){)em!j+azʉ>jצz֭!+vhkj+hW[zǧ0y׫j^&r[rCRPDDhijW%(rzf