At Last

Dear Friends,

At Last, our beautiful 1968 charcoal gray Crown Coupe with the MDO is out of the garage and running.   A friend and I, with help from my wife, pushed the heavy rascal out of the garage so that it could be started outside.  It had been six months since this car was used, but after quite a bit of cranking, the engine started and ran smoothly, with only a little bit of blue smoke.  After the engine had ran a short time, drove it around our circle several times, and as always, was amazed at how well Imperials ride.  Soon I will get the car insured and licensed, then get it on the highway where I can boot the 440, to clear the carbon out.  This car was sold new in southern California, was very well equipped, but lacked tinted glass, which I thought strange for an air conditioned car ordered for use in a warm climate.  Anyway, when this car was refurbished, I had the clear glass replaced with tinted.  I have been told that cars planned for movies were ordered with clear glass, but I have no knowledge of any 1968 Crown Coupe appearing in a film.

Bill/Imp, 68's