towing with 57

Hi list
Now that I have towed my 27 ft airstream with my 1957 imperial a few times
some questions

1: How hot is ok for the transmisiom temp
I have 160 Farenheit towing and 120 Farenheit without trailor
Have the AC radiator as transmision cooler

2: How can I get more low end torque
can only drive in 3th above 60 mph below that no responce when I want to
accelarate in 3 th
engine is propane powerd  gas is 3 times the price of propane overhere

3: Water temp in stop and go traffic a bit high  can I remove theromstat or
get alloy radiator

Remco
The Netherlands