From: "John/Shirley Nimmo" <sdarm2@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2004 11:06 AM
Subject: IML: Speaking of Torqueflites!

Hi IMLers'

This is John & Shirley with our 61 Imperial. Got a question about the
torqueflite transmission. We have a lot problems with
ours and maybe somebody would have some suggestions as what to do. I know
the transmission needs to be
rebuilt, but I can't do it at the moment. I've had the transmission drained
and the pan dropped. The filter was solid
with junk and that was replaced. A transmission cooler was also installed
Here is what the car does.

If you get in the car in the morning and start it up, it goes and shifts
with no problems. Pull into any store and shut
it off for 10 - 30 minutes and the car is stuck in first gear and either
won't shift out of first at all or go about 10
miles or so and if I'm lucky the car will start shifting again. Even if the
car shifts properly and you get it home and
park it, the transmission will ooze out at least 2 bottles of transmission
fluid overnight. I always keep a pan under
the car due to the transmission. The engine is tight as a drum and doesn't
leak a bit.

Any information as what to do would short of a transmission rebuild would be
greatly appreciated.

                                                                Sincerely,

                                                         John & Shirley
Nimmo
                                                  61 Crown Imperial 4 door
hardtopGet more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download :
http://explorer.msn.com