Brand New Dead Battery

Howdy all,
As you know, my '66 Imperial Crown Coupe has been at
the body shop for several weeks now...(don't ask).
Before I sent her off I had purchased & installed a
new battery...not a cheap one, but a good one. I have
just heard from the body shop & they say the battery
is completely dead & can't be charged...(which is what
happened to the one prior to this). Now here is my
question, Is this an altenator problem or the fact
that they probably havn't started it much & let it
drain? Is there maybe a short that is draining it off?
Will Advance Auto take back the battery after 2
months?

Any & all comments would be helpful,
Thank you,
Loyal Stern