GM Trans conversion???? For a CHRYSLER???

Quoting W Bell <cbody67tx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Just be forewarned that having an OD trans is not always a big money saver on
> fuel, especially when savings are positioned against what that whole deal
> might cost in the first place.  Not to mention the possible decrease in value
> of an "altered vehicle".
>
> Just some thoughts on the reality of that whole situation,
> W Bell

I missed on what car we are talking about, but I agree with W. Bell.  The only
value I see in the OD is increase in low and medium speed performance.
Installing an OD in a 440 Imperial accompanied by a change of the rear ratio
from 2.94 to minimum 3.55, or better a 3.73 will result in amazing improvement
in low speed acceleration (1/4 mile, may be high 14's-low 15's with a decent
440) while high speed performance will be meintained.  Yes, you will beat all
but the hottest modern high performance cars, even in city driving (upgrading
the brakes to reduce brake fade may become more important).  One of these
days/years, I hope I will do that in one of my 68's, probably the Sedan.
D^2, 2x68