Coker Tire Responds to IML Complaints

Thank you Kenyon.

I appreciate this effort to give the vendor an opportunity to correct the
issues brought up here. I think when given half of a chance, most vendors would
want this opportunity.

Every vendor is going to experience complaints and product issues. How they
handle them (i.e. customer service) is the key difference between a reputable
business and one that isn't.

Paul

 In a message dated 4/10/2004 1:21:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
imperialist1960@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> I felt that the recent discussion on the IML left the subject of debate
>(Coker & Co.) out of the loop and unable to defend themselves, which isn't all
>that fair in my book.  I contacted Coker and made them aware that they are
>getting negative publicity here and invited a response to the report that
>their sales dept. did not recognize that Imperials take different sizes than
>Chryslers even after the buyer insisted, and that warranty claims are not
>being acted on strongly enough.
>
> As I said earlier, I've had a good relationship with Coker, and as the owner
>of an obsolete car, feel that the onus is partially mine to know what it
>needs, as others just aren't as focused as I am on it.  My Coker BF Goodrich
>Silvertowns (15") are super tires.
>
> Below is the Coker representative's response, and I read it to mean that he's
>willing to be personally accountable as a point of contact regarding getting
>outstanding issues resolved.
>
> If you have had issues with Coker, this might be your ticket to a fix.  After
>all is said and done, if Coker resolves your issues and makes a good-faith
>effort, I think that a favorable mention about it to the IML is the least that
>one could do if they are behaving as a reputable vendor should.
>
> Please feel free to contact Patrick directly.  I declined his request to have
>him here as a guest, as vendors and complaints about them are not the focus of
>our mailing list, and I'd like to avoid using this forum as a ventilation and
>debate forum for business that is between individual members and Coker Tire.
>I do think that we owe them a fair shake, though, as they're one of the few
>vendors supporting new/remanufactured parts for our cars.
>
> -Kenyon
>
> Please read on:
>

> Patrick Moates <patrickm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sure thing Kenyon, and thank you for giving me the opportunity to stand up
>for us. To first address the sales error. We do not have very many brand
>specific sales people. Being a Mopar man myself, I would have figured to look
>up the Imperial and not use the Chrysler name (we have them listed seperately
>in our computer), but in the salespersons defense all the Chryslers we have
>listed in 1960 do use a 14" wheel. However, the Imperials as all Imperial
>owners know use a 15" wheel so that is our mistake and we do apologize. To
>address our warranty issues - we stand behind our products 100 percent. We
>replace any tire that a customer has a problem with based on an inspection
>basis. We are at a disadvantage when it comes to warranty issues because we
>are a mail order company. However, we back our products and do not leave any
>customer hung out to dry. If any customer ever has a problem with one of our
>customer service representatives, they are always welcome to contact me
>directly at patrickm@xxxxxxxxx, or 1-800-251-6336 ext 254. If you wish to
> [...]
†Ûiÿü0Â)©z¸š•ÉnmÊ&N¬™ë,j°jËžÛhÊ‹›ÊØ^"j^®&¥1¨¥ŠxŠËO•æ¬z·©—+h™¨¥Šx%ŠËbš—«‰©\–æÜ¢f§w*.®·¬¦‰ì{¥•·¬…ªÞw­…ëÞ¯*'xú⽫^™ë,j¬jwZ¶Öœ†g§¶Çè®Ø^Ù¢ž+-­«h®Ë!¢é]mëžÛhÁææjË^®)©z¸š•ÉnmÊ&N…

I@x
-¢m§ÿâš—«‰©\–æÜ¢oîžË›±Êâmèm