1960 trim code, help

888 means special order.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2004 5:25 PM
Subject: Re: IML: 1960 trim code, help

Every 1960 LeBaron that I have ever seen had the assist strap unless it had the swivel seat option.

Also, every one had leather (suede, not shiny) headliner.  I'm sure that there will be someone with a counterpoint, but those are my observations.

Should say LeBaron on the black background on the doors.

Perhaps you have the other half of the LeCrown car?

-Kenyon

richard burgess <lecrown60@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi everyone,
I have a 1960 LeBaron four door sedan.   There are some things about the interior that seem as though they may be incorrect.  The car had a full white leather interior and a perforated white vinyl headliner.  There are crown panels on the door panels instead of the LeBaron trim panels.  Also, I thought four door sedans all had the knapped cotten headliner but this perforated vinyl was original.  With leather did you get a vinyl headliner?  Also, when ordering the full leather interior, was it the Crown set-up for all cars no  matter what the model?  Anyway, I am wondering if someone swapped a Crown interior into this car at some point.  The trim code on the data plate shows 888.  Does anyone know what interior that number represents?  I also have a '60 LeBaron Southampton that has an assist strap on the back of the front seat while the LeBaron sedan in question, does not have the strap.  Any help figuring out what I have, or what 888 stands for, please let me know.

Richard Burgess
'60 "LeCrown"
'60 LeBaron sedan
'60 LeBaron Southampton