64 restoration.

If you're doing the brakes anyway, going to a 67-69 full size Chrysler MC (car must have come with 4 drums from the factory!!) is not much work, but I had to redo the metal brake lines throughout.  Having all new steel and rubber lines all over my car makes me feel really good about being safe.  The single MC is probably just fine, but I plan to drive the heck out of my car and want the added security.  There is a photo of my 1960 with the dual MC on my 1960 epic (see signature).

What is the thinking behind a later rear end?  Were they a different ratio?  I had not thought them to be different, but I don't think as much as I should.

-Kenyon

Ken Fitzwater <pchm62@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear Imlers,
Before I go out and spend money on items
not needed, I wanted to ask you all. I was wondering
if it would be beneficial to swap from my 64 rearend
to a later model 65-66? What about a dual master
cylinder swap? Last but not least, I was wanting to
swap to a tilt wheel and was wondering what kind of
mods if any I would need to make?
Any and all replys would be greatly
appreciated.
Thanks,