Sent: Monday, March 22, 2004 9:16 AM
Subject: Re: IML: Smoke From Air Vent on my '67

Don;

My 55 has a leaking core as well. It's leak is evident on the firewall side. The firewall below the heater housing is damp with coolant. There was no indication of glycol smell or wet carpeting inside. The coolant flow to the heater is controlled by the temperature setting. With the setting at the coolest position, the valve restricts coolant flow to the heater core, and you will not lose coolant that way.

Check out the firewall side for moisture below the heater housing.

Roger