Imperial ride comparision

All things being equal - meaning rebuilt front
suspension on both, good set of shocks, similar tires
- they both drive quite differently, but I would be
hard pressed to say which is better.

My 66 (which shares all chassis and suspension
components with the 60) drives like a dream.  Silent,
smooth, and solid, with great handling.  The 67's I
have driven are superb also.  Smooth ride, perhaps not
as quiet, but seem to handle slightly better.  So on
balance it is about even.

I think the real difference is in the driving
position, not in any measurable ride characteristic.
You sit higher in the 57-66 chassis, looking through a
curved windshield across a very high cowl.  Makes the
car seem bigger and more substantial.  The '67 is
within a few inches of being the same size and has the
same exact same seats in it, but you sit a little
lower in the car, looking at a flat hood over a much
lower cowl.  It makes a real difference in your
perception of the car.  The '67 seems much smaller
than the 3 in shorter length would imply.  Which is
better?  Boils down to preference.  Both are excellent
if properly set up.

Note:  There should be no bounce or float in the ride
of your '60.  If you are experiencing that, I suspect
the helper springs are helping too much, or your
shocks are tired.  And if the car has more than 50K
miles and has its original front end, then it needs a
rebuild.  Guaranteed.

Chris H.

60 NY T&c
66 LeBaron