Drove my car home today...

I picked up the '83 from my mechanic today.  The crate engine seems pretty
good. I didn't get to drive it too much.  I have some issues to sort because
it sat for almost two years.  I have to go through the brakes, the tires are
flatspotted.  The exhaust has to be done and I have to work something out
with the pulleys.  Presently it has an idler pulley from a new car, but
that's not good because it presses on the back of my alternator belt. That's
not a good set-up because it's not a v-belt.

It seems pretty fast. My first impression was that it didn't have that much
more pickup than the mild 360 I had in it.  That's mostly a function of the
loose converter and the soft gear.  Once you stand on it a little it puts
you back in the seat pretty hard.  I have to finish the break-in, sort out a
flat spot in the carb and deal with the brakes and tires before I really
start to abuse it.

Thanks for all the help over the past two years,
Imperially again,
Rob