Re: Re: IML: Classifications

While I generally agree with this, I have to say some of those classifications,
particularly
the "Haze Green" one, have always bugged me.  I know it was meant as kind of a
joke (at
least, I think it was), but it doesn't sound very complimentary of the 67s-68s,
in my
opinion.  It certainly was not an "official" Chrysler Corp. designation for
these cars.

As a fan of the "boxcar" years (as Dick Benjamin calls them), I would suggest
"2nd
generation Engel design," or maybe even "boxcar"-?  Or maybe the "Conservative
Years."  These are just ideas.  I know green was very popular those years.

Chrysler did not always have names for its model years, only when there was a
particularly new and/or cohesive approach at work.  "The Forward Look" only
lasted a
few years; so did the "Fuselage" era.  Most generations of these cars did not
really have
names or classifications, but people later tend to apply labels based on
characteristic
design elements.

Maybe we should run a contest-- name the eras-- for the periods that fall b/n
the Chrysler
designations?

MM

> From: RandalPark@xxxxxxx
> Date: 2004/03/13 Sat AM 11:03:11 EST
> Subject: Re: IML: Classifications
>
> We are the Online Imperial Club. I would bet of any Imperial Club in the
>country, that
we have the most members. Because of that, I would say that the designations
that are
on the Web site are the Official Classifications, Hugh.

> I don't think that there is anyone else that has ever done such a through job
>of
classifying Imperials.