LEDs in instrument cluster displays

I believe that Chrysler started using red LEDs as warning lights for the instrument clusters that had gauges along about 1974 on the C-body and Imperial vehicles.  One was on the "H" side of the temp gauge, for example and seems like there was another one on the "E" side of the fuel gauge (taking the place of the previous "Low Fuel" warning light.  Maybe even one for the "-" side of the alternator gauge too?  On those same clusters, Chrysler was the first to use the matte black finish that the warning lights shown through, instead of separate "filters" for the various warning/indicator light functions.  Really quite neat as everything looked black until the light came on.  Definitely ahead of the industry in that respect!

Enjoy!
W Bell