From: <RandalPark@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, March 12, 2004 6:15 AM
Subject: Re: IML: Classic?

> You are absolutely correct Dick,
>
> I am always amazed at just how loosely the term "Classic" is used,
especially in advertisements like this. They do the same thing with
"Antique". These terms and another one (Milestone) are very specific
definitions that apply to specific "eras" of collectible automobiles.

> I believe that the proper term for Imperials would be Milestone. At one
time this term applied to cars that were nominated and approved by a
committee of enthusiasts during the early 1970's called the Milestone Car
Society, and was done specifically to address this problem. 1955 and 1956
Imperials were actually in the first group of cars given this designation.
The intention was to keep the designation "open" for future additions,
unlike the other two designations which were essentially "closed" back in
the early 1960's.

> Does anyone on the list know if there still is a Milestone Car Society?
>
> Paul
>
> In a message dated 3/11/2004 11:48:29 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dickb@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> > I would say this is the poster child for how NOT to sell a car on eBay.
The
> > fact that it is a convertible is not even mentioned in the ad header,
the
> > condition is way overstated, the starting bid is probably more than the
> > ending bid should be, and the car wasn't even carefully cleaned up.
The

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2466594331&category=43905