1960 Stuck engine update

With you supplying the parts I suppose that it is possible for someone to quote
that price, but it sounds too cheap to me. I would expect at least $1,500 with
you supplying the parts, unless the guy is planning to do the job on his own
time. He must be a good friend of yours!

Replacing the motor with a rebuilt one is usually a less expensive alternative.

Paul