New Fuel filter?

Jasmine,Hi I'm ken,we can rule out carbon as power loss,you cleaned it out(black smoke).Try a tune up,and fuel filter.catch me at I440toyou@xxx
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2004 5:53 PM
Subject: IML: New Fuel filter?

My Imperial is acting funny. It is acting like it is not getting enough fuel. I cleaned the carb with cleaner and it helped for a bit, but not for long. My next guess would be the fuel filter. Anyone have any other suggestions? I am not very mechanically inclined so any advice would be great.

Also, does anyone else have a "kill-switch" under the dash. I wondered if it was standard or something someone added. I discovered it a while ago, and today while driving home I accidentally flipped it and the car immediately started losing power. Of course I flipped it right back, but before I did there was a loud backfire and a HUGE cloud of black smoke. Just wondered if someone might know what that's all about.
Jasmine
Austin,TX
65 Crown