From: <RandalPark@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2004 9:01 PM
Subject: Re: IML: FW: Plug Number 63 413

> I haven't bought any 75's myself. I do have a set or two of old plugs with
obselete numbers, and they are resistor plugs. Now we know what the
difference is between the 75's and the 85's.

> Paul
>
> In a message dated 2/27/2004 11:09:52 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jsadowski@xxxxxxx writes:

> > Paul, I have since seen it posted that Autolite #75 is a non-resistor
plug & #85 is a resistor plug in the same heat range. I always buy the
resistor plugs, so this never occurred to me.
> > John

another IML'er asked the number for the 413, but I wanted to provide a
current number, so I called my parts supplier and he gave me the "75" for
the '59-'65 413. Interestingly in Champion, there were two numbers that
would fit, one was a "high performance" plug. I gave the IML'er all of the
numbers and recommended that he check a tune up parts Web site to verify the
numbers. I haven't heard that the "75" wasn't the right one for that car.. I
suspect that possibly a "75" is the standard plug, and that the "85" may be
a hotter plug. It is also possible that the parts guy was completely wrong.

> > Back in the "old days" if an engine was a little worn, but ran good, we
would run a "hotter plug" to postpone the inevitable oil fowling. I am now
thinking that I may have bought "85"s for a '65 Chrysler 300 Coupe that I
used to have.

> > Paul
> >
> > In a message dated 2/26/2004 9:52:08 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jsadowski@xxxxxxx writes:

> > > Paul, Are you sure Autolite # 75's will work in a 413 -440? I use #
85's in my cars.
> > > John

I have the Champion number too, RJ12YC or RJ14YC.