Jim Harris

The following notice appeared in the Seattle Times on February 26, 2004:

Posted for Loren:

"James A. Harris

Devoted husband, father, grandfather, and friend, died peacefully on
February 23, 2004.

He was born January 29, 1938 in Yakima, WA. to Owen and Rolda Harris who
preceded him in death. He is survived by his loving wife Connie, daughter
Julie and husband John, son Jim and wife Stacey, grandkids, Lee, Jamie,
Amanda, and Trevor. Jim is also survived by sister JoAnn (Doug) and brother
Mick (April), and numerous nieces, nephews, cousins, aunts and uncles. His
sister Pam and brother Monty preceded him in death.

Jim Worked for years at Langendorf Bakeries, and then owned the University
Village Pizza Pete and the Lake City Mama's Pizza. He was a highly respected
businessman in Lake City. Beyond family and friends, his love was old cars
and antiques. He enjoyed buying, selling, and restoring cars and swapping
parts and memorabilia. Jim made many wonderful friends here and all over the
country through the old car hobby and the WPC Club.

Jim will be missed by his many friends and family. The family would like to
extend their thanks to all of the many caring nurses, doctors and caregivers
for their help and support during the last year. A Memorial Service will be
held on Saturday, February 28, at 11:00 AM at Evergreen-Washelli, 11111
Aurora Avenue North. In lieu of flowers, remembrances may be made to
Shoreline Medic One, 17525 Aurora Avenue North, Shoreline, WA. 98133 or a
charity of your choice."

I'm not sure this is technically Imperial related but you may want to post
it on the IML to let anybody who want to attend know the time and address.
of the memorial service.

Jim had a real knack for connecting with people. It made people who just met
him feel like they had known him for years.

The first time I had a chance to sit and talk with Jim was at lunch on the
first leg of the 2002 Cascade Loop. Jim and I discovered we both bought new
cars from the same salesman, Norm Lacy, at a downtown Seattle Chrysler
dealership, S. L. Savidge, that is no longer in business. A few weeks after
the Loop I stopped by his house and saw a stack of brand new S. L. Savidge,
Inc. license plate holders in his garage. Jim gave me one of them to replace
the badly worn one on the back of my 1975 Dodge van.

When Jim told me he worked for Langendorf Bakery back in the 1950's, I
mentioned my father worked at the Swedish Boy Bakery during the 1950's. Jim
recalled his favorite bread at that time was Swedish Boy Orange Rye, a bread
my father baked there.

Like I said, Jim had a knack for making an immediate connection with people.

Loren