Peter,
Thank you for letting us know this sad news. You all probably knew that Jim had
been VERY sick for quite a while. I have known Jim and Connie, and their son
Jim for over 25 years. Not only had I bought lots of parts from him, but he and
Connie have been very good friends.
Most everyone here would have probably know them both either through the list,
one of the other clubs, or their frequent appearance at swap meets nationwide
with their wonderful parts table. Jim had been a member of the Puget Sound
Region of the Walter P. Chrysler Club since its inception back in 1976. The
meetings were hosted at his home for the annual barbecue, and many years ago at
his pizza parlor down by University Village in Seattle.
The last time that I actually spoke with Jim he was totally enthused with his
Matador Red and White '57 Dodge Custom Royal Convertible. When I first met him
he was driving a light blue '54 Imperial Sedan. Some of his other cars were a
'55 Dodge LeFemme, '62 Crown Convertible, two '68 Imperial Shriner's Crown
Convertible, two special 69 or 70 Chrysler 300's (white with the gold
stripping), and even a Dark Blue 1960 Imperial Ghia Limousine just to name a
very few.
Jim was always there when I needed a part for one of my Imperials. He was also
a super nice guy. He will be greatly missed.
Paul
In a message dated 2/25/2004 6:58:28 PM Eastern Standard Time,
peter.engel@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
>
> I've just learned from another list posting that Jim Harris, Mopar
> lover, parts vendor, and frequent poster to the IML passed away
> yesterday, 2/24/04.
>
>
>