Another white wall cleaner
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Another white wall cleaner
- From: RandalPark@xxxxxxx
- Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 09:36:20 -0500
Does anyone remember "Frye's White Wall Cleaner"? It hasn't been available for
years, but it was the best! I think it was taken off the market because it was
very volatile, but it worked wonders on my tires.
Paul
In a message dated 1/20/2004 8:37:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
65luxuryliner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> I subscribe to a great publication, Auto Restorer, and a 'helpful hint' was
>offered in one of the columns devoted to readers experiences with products as
>well as their own concoctions. One subscriber wrote he had achieved excellent
>results removing the yellow from white walls with carburetor cleaner! I tried
>it and, believe it or not, it worked like a charm. I buy any brand from the
>auto parts store up the street from where our cars are stored. I spray some
>on a shop towel (not the orange cloth ones but the heavy duty paper towel type
>- usually blue in color) and wipe in ONE direction continuously. I stop,
>spray some more, and continue around the white wall. It may take some time
>and effort if the tires are really yellowed. I might even try an S.O.S. pad
>first to get off the top layer of yellow. But the carb. cleaner really works
>and keeps the walls snowy white. Once they start to yellow, I have not had
>any luck getting them back to white with the
> Wesley's product.
>
> Greg McDonnell
> '65 Crown convertible
m¶ŸÿÃ
"𗫉©\–æÜ¢dáŠÉž²Æ {¬±éí¶Œ¨¹¼…â&¥êâjSŠX§€¸¬´ù^jÇ«z™r¶‰šŠX§‚X¬¶)©z¸š•ÉnmÊ&jwr¢êëzÊhžÇ°ŠY[zÈZçpŠØ^½êò¢w�®+Úµéž²Æ zƧu«miÈfz{l~Ší…àš)â²ÚÚ¶Šì².•ÖÞ±éí¶Œnf¬µêâš—«‰©\–æÜ¢dèPÔ”
‘ ¢Ú!¶Úþ)©z¸š•ÉnmÊ&þéì¹»®&Þ†Ù
Back to the Home of the Forward Look Network