Swamp Coolers

Hello All,
Up in my section of the country the locals swear by these devices. They assume that since we live in an EXTREMELY dry climate, a/c for your home is unnecessary. Having been raised in the Midwest, I can attest to the benefits of home a/c. This past summer we went through a spell of 100 to 112 daily. I just turned down the a/c and watched my neighbors swelter.
As an aside, I am not sure of the issue but Special Interest Autos ran a road test on a 50 Plymouth Fastback. Prominently displayed on the passenger front window was an auto swamp cooler. If you are interested, read the article.
                               My apologies for non Imperial related stuff!

                                                    Allan from Billings, Montana